Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/212353
- Absorption spectra of driven degenerate two-level atomic systems
- Lipsich, A.; Barreiro, S.; Akulshin, A. M.; Lezama, A.
- The absorption properties of degenerate two-level atomic systems tested by a weak probe field in the presence of an intense pump field have been analyzed. The theoretical model previously presented in Phys. Rev. A 61, 013801 (1999) that appears to be suitable for arbitrary choices of the pump intensity, level angular momenta, and pump and probe polarizations, was used for the calculation of the spectra for several basic configurations. Experimental absorption spectra obtained on a Rb atomic beam for different pump and probe field polarizations show good agreement with the calculation. The spectra are in general essentially different from and more complex than the classical Mollow absorption triplet.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review A, Vol. 61, no. 5 (May 2000), p. 053803
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 03 Chemical Sciences
- Absorption spectra; Mollow absorption triplet; Two-level atomic system
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 The American Physical Society.
- Peer reviewed