Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/212742
- Generating descriptions of incomplete city-traffic states with agents
- Popek, Grzegorz; Kowalczyk, Ryszard; Katarzyniak, Radoslaw P.
- Multiple approaches aim at describing numerical data with words. In this paper we give a brief overview of a distributed agent-based system providing summaries of city traffic in a textual form. The system deals locally with a problem of incomplete data adopting a method for grounding of modal statements in artificial cognitive agents. The internal uncertainty of an agent about a current state of the traffic is expressed with autoepistemic modal operators of possibility, belief, and knowledge.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Advances in intelligent and soft computing: Foundations of intelligent systems: proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE2011), Shanghai, China, 15-17 December 2011 / Yinglin Wang and Tianrui Li (eds.), Vol. 122, pp. 105-114
- Publication year
- City traffic; Distributed agent-based system; Incomplete knowledge; Intelligent agents; Linguistic descriptions; Textual summaries; Traffic
- 1867-5662 (series ISSN)
- 9783642256639, 3642256635
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011.
- Peer reviewed