Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/213025
- Settler colonial studies
- Veracini, Lorenzo; Cavanagh, Edward
- We aim to establish settler colonial studies as a scholarly field. This blog follows scholarly developments that contribute to a greater awareness of this phenomenon within the disciplines of history, law, genocide studies, indigenous, colonial and postcolonial studies, as well as historical geography, economics, politics, sociology, international relations, political science, cultural and gender studies, philosophy---and everything in between. This blog, and its accompanying journal, were founded in 2010 by a collective based in Melbourne, including Lorenzo Veracini (author of Israel and Settler Society  and Settler Colonialism: A Theoretical Overview ; currently writing a global history of settler colonialism) and Edward Cavanagh (author of The Griqua Past and the Limits of South African History ; currently based in Johannesburg, researching land rights and sovereignty from a legal-historical perspective).
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. The Swinburne Institute for Social Research
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 2103 Historical Studies
- Gender; Genocide; Historical geography; History; Indigenous studies; Postcolonialism; Settler colonialism; Settlers
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010.
- Research Projects
- Peer reviewed