Home List of Titles Goolarri in context: creative industries, closing the gap and our digital future: summary report to Government
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/214266
- Goolarri in context: creative industries, closing the gap and our digital future: summary report to Government
- Fong, Kevin; West, Dot; Rennie, Ellie
- 2010 is a crucial year for Indigenous media, with significant decisions being made in the areas of social inclusion, future uses of spectrum, the rollout of the National Broadband Network and phase two of the national Indigenous television service. In preparation, Goolarri has undertaken an evaluation of our television-related activities including: distribution options (in particular, digital transmission for GTV35), industry development, training, productions and our goal of digitizing culture and community. This report details our activities across these key areas and articulates Goolarri's model of sustainable media enterprise. Goolarri serves the Indigenous people of the Kimberley and is regarded as an integral component of the Broome community. In the process of putting together this report, we held discussions with the WA State Government and Indigenous leaders in order to gauge their commitment to Goolarri's digital future. We are pleased to confirm that we have the full support of Patrick Dodson, Yawuru elder, and that our application for capital funding for digital television via the WA Royalties to Regions program is under strong consideration, with a final announcement to be made in April 2010.
- Publication type
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 2001 Communication and Media Studies
- Broome; Digital television; Digitisation; Goolarri; Indigenous broadcasting; Indigenous media; Kimberley and Pilbara region; Social inclusion; Western Australia
- Goolarri Media Enterprises
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2010.