Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles University of Sheffield and AEAT: Whole Life rail Model: interim report, MEC/AK/AEAT/September02/
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/214758
- University of Sheffield and AEAT: Whole Life rail Model: interim report, MEC/AK/AEAT/September02/
- Kapoor, A.; Fletcher, D. I.; Franklin, F. J.; Alwahdi, F.
- Within this project work has been undertaken at the University of Sheffield in the following areas to increase understanding of rail wear and crack growth: Crack initiation modelling, Modelling the growth of longer fatigue cracks (phase II), Wear modelling, Materials property analysis of rails steels to supply the data on which the modelling is based. At the time of this interim report, progress has been made in all these areas as summarised below. It should be noted that values presented are qualitative at this stage, and are subject to calibration, validation and renement in the next stages of the project.
- Publication type
- Engineering: University of Sheffield and AEAT: Whole Life Rail Model, interim report
- Publication year
- Crack growth; Longer fatigue cracks; Materials property analysis; Rail steel; Wear
- Rail Safety and Standards Boad
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002.