Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/214912
- Aluminum oxide photonic crystals grown by a new hybrid method
- Mikulskas, Irmantas; Juodkazis, Saulius; Tomasiunas, Rolandas; Dumas, Jean G.
- A simple method for the fabrication of anodic aluminum oxide films (AOFs) with perfectly ordered structures (see Figure) is presented by these authors. A common optical grating is used to prepattern the aluminum substrate, which is subsequently anodized under mild conditions to yield an AOF with a photonic bandgap in the visible region.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 13, no. 20 (Oct 2001), pp. 1574-1577
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences; 03 Chemical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Alumina; Optical gratings; Photonic crystals; Surface patterning
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH.
- Peer reviewed