Home List of Titles Optical characteristics of two-dimensional photonic crystals in anodic aluminum oxide films
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/214884
- Optical characteristics of two-dimensional photonic crystals in anodic aluminum oxide films
- Mizeikis, Vygantas; Mikulskas, Irmantas; Tomasiunas, Roland; Juodkazis, Saulius; Matsuo, Shigeki; Misawa, Hiroaki
- The optical properties of two-dimensional photonic crystals (PhCs) in anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) films obtained using a simple and low-cost pre-patterning procedure are described. The prepatterning of the initial Al film surface was carried out by imprinting with an optical diffraction grating; the anodization of the prepatterned sample led to the formation of a good quality, large-area PhC with a triangular lattice of air holes (lattice period a = 0.48 mum, hole radius r = 0.2 mum) in an AAO film. The optical transmission spectra of the sample were measured at visible wavelengths in the range of 0.4-1.0 mum for various incidence angles and linear polarizations of the probing light. The detailed analysis of the transmission data indicates a photonic band gap in the 0.9-1.0 mum wavelength range for light waves linearly polarized in the direction perpendicular to the axes of PhC pores.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics: Part 1: Regular Papers, Short Notes and Review Papers, Vol. 43, no. 6A (2004), pp. 3643-3647
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences
- Anodic aluminium oxide; Anodic formation; Photonic band gap; Photonic crystals; Selforganized flm growth
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2004 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Peer reviewed