Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Femtosecond laser micro-fabrication for tailoring photonic crystals in resins and silica
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/214908
- Femtosecond laser micro-fabrication for tailoring photonic crystals in resins and silica
- Mizeikis, Vygantas; Sun, Hong-Bo; Marcinkevicius, Andrius; Nishii, Junji; Matsuo, Shigeki; Juodkazis, Saulius; Misawa, Hiroaki
- We report laser micro-fabrication of photonic crystal structures in silica glass and photopolymerizing resins, and present a detailed analysis of their structural and optical properties. Photonic crystals with 2D triangular lattice and 3D diamond lattice in glass are found to exhibit moderately pronounced photonic pseudogaps. Formation of planar microcavity is demonstrated in log-pile 3D photonic crystal, laser micro-fabricated in resin.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry: proceedings of the Fourth NIMC International Symposium on Photoreaction Control and Photofunctional Materials (PCPM 2001), Tsukuba, Japan, 14-16 March 2001, Vol. 145, no. 1-2 (Nov 2001), pp. 41-47
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 03 Chemical Sciences; 06 Biological Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Laser micro-fabrication; Photonic bandgap; Photonic crystals; Photopolymerizing resins; Silica glass
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed