Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Authenticity in the IELTS academic module writing test: a comparative study of Task 2 items and university assignments
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/215731
- Authenticity in the IELTS academic module writing test: a comparative study of Task 2 items and university assignments
- Moore, Tim; Morton, Janne
- The study reported here investigated the authenticity of the Task 2 component on the IELTS Writing test (academic module). Specifically, the study's aim was to find out the extent to which the component of the test corresponds to the writing requirements of university study. This was researched in two ways: through a survey of writing tasks set in the two domains, and through interviews with academic staff.
- Publication type
- IELTS Research Reports, Vol. 2, report no. 4, pp. 74-116
- Publication year
- Academic writing; English language; IELTS; Language testing; Writing tests
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999.
- Peer reviewed