Home List of Titles 'My essay is consist of many mistake': NESB academic writing: problems and strategies
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/215744
- 'My essay is consist of many mistake': NESB academic writing: problems and strategies
- Moore, Tim
- Tim Moore discusses the nature of syntactic, discourse and stylistic problems in the academic writing ofNESB students and the strategies that have been used at the Language and Learning Section at Monash University to help the students develop their academic writing skills. (Included here will be discussion of the extent to which grammar check software linked to a word processor e.g. Grammatik IV is of assistance to students in editing their work). The paper will make particular reference to the work of William Rutherford.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- TESOL in Context, Vol. 1, no. 2 (1991), pp. 68-72
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1302 Curriculum and Pedagogy; 1303 Specialist Studies in Education; 2004 Linguistics
- Academic writing; Essay writing; NESB; Non-English speaking backgrounds; Students; Writing skills
- Australian Council of TESOL Associations
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © TESOL in Context.
- Peer reviewed