Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Effect of retransmissions on the performance of the IEEE 802.11 MAC protocol for DSRC
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/216347
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 230 KB)|
- Effect of retransmissions on the performance of the IEEE 802.11 MAC protocol for DSRC
- Hassan, Md. Imrul; Vu, Hai L.; Sakurai, Taka; Andrew, Lachlan L. H.
- The reliable delivery of broadcast vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) safety messages in IEEE 802.11p networks is challenging. We develop a model to predict the performance of such networks both with and without packet retransmission. We propose two mechanisms that use blind retransmission and demonstrate that both schemes improve the packet delivery ratio of so-called event messages with negligible degradation to that of routine safety messages.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 61, no. 1 (Jan 2012), pp. 22-34
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 08 Information and Computing Sciences; 09 Engineering; 10 Technology
- Dedicated short-range communication; DSRC; Performance analysis; Retransmission; Safety applications; Semireliable broadcast
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 IEEE. The accepted manuscript is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed