Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/216969
- Business drivers for building information modelling
- Wakefield, Ron; Aranda-Mena, Guillermo; Fraser, John; Chevez, Agustin; Crawford, John; Kumar, Arun; Froese, Thomas; Gard, Stefan; Nielsen, David; Betts, Martin; Smit, Debbie
- This report describes and documents in detail a project aimed at providing a better understanding of the business drivers and barriers to the adoption of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the architecture, engineering, construction and FM industry. The objectives of the project were to confirm and investigate the nature of economic, process and industry constraints to BIM adoption and then---if possible---to identify business strategies, and cost and benefit models that may support adoption of BIM in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) and FM industry sectors. The research was based on case studies from those sectors as well as other industries and interviews with business leaders and users of advanced applications of CAD in the industry.
- Publication type
- Cooperative Research Centre for Construction Innovation, no. 2005-003-C, 31 October 2007
- Publication year
- Building information modelling; Business drivers; Case studies
- CRC for Construction Innovation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Icon.Net Pty Ltd.