Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Adaptive repetitive control of system subject to periodic disturbance with time-varying frequency
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/217947
- Adaptive repetitive control of system subject to periodic disturbance with time-varying frequency
- Kurniawan, E.; Cao, Z.; Man, Z.
- Repetitive Control (RC) has been widely used to track/reject periodic signal. However, RC alone fails to track any non-periodic reference signal. Another control scheme such as Model Reference Control (MRC) or Model Reference Adaptive Control (MRAC) is required to do such task. MRC is employed when the plant parameters are known, while MRAC is used when the plant parameters are unknown. Therefore, MRC/MRAC needs to be combined with RC in order to simultaneously track any reference signal (not necessarily periodic) and reject the periodic disturbance. The design of RC mostly assumes the constant frequency of disturbance which leads to the selection of a fixed sampling period. In practical, disturbance is possibly time-varying in frequency. The sampling period has to be carefully adjusted in order to keep the number of samples per period remains constant. This sampling period adjustments change the plant parameters. This paper proposes the design of MRAC combined with RC for system subject to periodic disturbance with time-varying frequency. As a preliminary, the design of MRC combined with RC is also discussed here.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Proceedings of the First International Conference on Informatics and Computational Intelligence (ICI 2011), Bandung, Indonesia, 12-13 December 2011, pp. 185-190
- Publication year
- Adaptive control; Model Reference Adaptive Control; Model Reference Control; MRAC; MRC; Parameters; RC; Repetitive control; Sampling period
- 9780769546186, 0769546188
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed