Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The application of magnesium alloys to the lightweighting of automotive structures
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/218608
- The application of magnesium alloys to the lightweighting of automotive structures
- Easton, Mark; Gibson, Mark; Beer, Aiden; Barnett, Matthew; Davies, Chris; Durandet, Yvonne; Blacket, Stuart; Chen, Xiaobo; Birbilis, Nick; Abbott, Trevor
- This paper investigates some of the opportunities for magnesium alloys based on magnesium's attributes, such as excellent die castability and high strength to weight ratio. Barriers to the uptake of magnesium alloys are considered and recent technical advancements outlined including the development of creep resistant alloys, high extrudibility alloys, joining technologies and corrosion performance. Finally issues to do with the life-cycle performance of magnesium alloys are discussed.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Sustainable Automotive Technologies 2012: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sustainable Automotive Technologies (ICSAT 2012), Melbourne, Australia, 21-23 March 2012 / Aleksandar Subic, Jorg Wellnitz, Martin Leary and Lucien Koopmans (eds.), pp. 17-23
- Publication year
- Die castability; Engineering; Magnesium alloys
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012.
- Peer reviewed