Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/218912
- Begin at the beginning: introducing novices to computer mediated conferencing
- Salmon, Gilly; Giles, Ken; Prendergast, G.
- The use of Computer Mediated Communication (CMC) is increasing in a wide variety of organisations and organisational settings. This paper addresses the experience of both novice users of computers - a group that may become increasingly invisible as computer use becomes more and more taken for granted - and more experienced users, when faced with learning to communicate via computers in a professional training and development setting. A case is made for a positive approach to overcoming the barriers to learning likely to be encountered by each of these categories of user.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Paper presented at the Online Educa Berlin 3rd International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Training, Berlin, Germany, 29-31 October 1997
- Publication year
- CMS; Computer-mediated conferencing; Conferencing; Training
- International WHERE + HOW
- 9783925144097, 3925144099
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1997.
- Peer reviewed