Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/218870
- As easy as ICT?
- Salmon, Gilly; Stenham, Robin
- This paper summarises and reflects upon a series of models, concepts and ideas that the authors have found of use in appreciating the organisational (rather than technological) issues involved when deploying Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and ICT projects in a university business school. Experimenting, piloting and rolling out ICT based applications in the Open University Business School (OUBS), a very large scale high quality distance management education provider, have found to be much more about organisational transformation than about media choice. Plans and strategies for embedding ICT in the complex interactive teaching methodologies in OUBS are shared as a case study of the application of the change process models.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the Online Educa Berlin 4th International Conference on Technology Supported Learning and Development, Berlin, Germany, 02-04 December 1998
- Publication year
- Distance education; E-learning; Educational technologies; Elearning; Higher education; ICTs; Information and communication technologies; Open University Business School; Universities
- International WHERE + HOW
- 9783925144097, 3925144099
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1998.
- Peer reviewed