Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/218935
- E-moderating: turning the e-learning fantasy into reality
- Salmon, Gilly
- Working online is becoming increasingly common and desirable but e-learning changes the practice of teaching. It should add value and some additional magic - but many attempts have resulted in disappointment so far. Successful online learning and knowledge construction through collaboration depends on trainers and teachers (here called e-moderators) acquiring new competencies, on their becoming aware of the enormous potential and appropriate approaches and on their inspiring the learners, rather on merely mastering the technology. This paper explores a well-researched model of how effective collaboration can not only be set up but also sustained and developed over time. It details the skills needed by the e-moderators for success in the online environment.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Malaysian Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jun 2001), pp. 19-27
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1303 Specialist Studies in Education
- Educational technologies; E-learning; E-moderating; Online learning
- Malaysian Educational Technology Association
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001.
- Peer reviewed