Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/219151
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Quantum noise in three-dimensional BEC interferometry
- Opanchuk, B.; Egorov, M.; Hoffmann, S.; Sidorov, A. I.; Drummond, P. D.
- We develop a theory of quantum fluctuations and squeezing in a three-dimensional Bose-Einstein condensate atom interferometer with nonlinear losses. We use stochastic equations in a truncated Wigner representation to treat quantum noise. Our approach includes the multi-mode spatial evolution of spinor components and describes the many-body dynamics of a mesoscopic quantum system.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Atom Optics and Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- EPL: Europhysics Letters, Vol. 97, no. 5 (Mar 2012), article no. 50003
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences
- Atom interferometry; Bose-Einstein condensates; Quantum noise
- EDP Sciences
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © EPLA, 2012. The accepted manuscript is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed