Home List of Titles Improved two level model of mid-infrared quantum cascade lasers for analysis of direct intensity modulation response
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/219125
- Improved two level model of mid-infrared quantum cascade lasers for analysis of direct intensity modulation response
- Webb, J. F.; Haldar, M. K.
- The direct intensity modulation response of quantum cascade lasers can be accurately calculated from a three-level model. However, the calculations are algebraically complex. An alternative two-level model gives simpler expressions and more readily provides insight into the role of parameters influencing the modulation response. The object of this paper is to improve the two-level model and analyze the direct intensity modulation response. The modified model will simplify theoretical investigation of modulation related phenomena.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Sarawak Campus. School of Engineering, Computing and Science
- Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 111, no. 4 (Feb 2012), article no. 043110
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Direct intensity modulation response; Modulation; Quantum cascade lasers; Two level models
- American Institute of Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 American Institute of Physics.
- Peer reviewed