Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/219955
- Include a charity: a welcome initiative
- Baker, Christopher
- Just on 12 months ago, a campaign was launched under the banner of Include a Charity. This marked a significant development in the history of co-operation amongst charitable organisations in this country. The campaign now involves some 140 of Australia's leading charities, urging Australians to leave a charitable bequest in their wills. While Australians take a pride in the way in which we contribute to charity collections and respond to natural disasters, very few of us have any understanding about how many of us leave a bequest in our wills. I suggest that many Australians would be surprised at just how few us do set aside anything from our estates for the charities we have often supported through out our lives.
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise. Asia-Pacific Centre for Social Investment and Philanthropy
- philanthropyOz Blog, 29 March 2012
- Publication year
- Australia; Bequests; Charities; Donations; Estates; Giving; Include a Charity initiative
- Philanthropy Australia
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012.