Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Targeting optimum value in public sector projects through 'best value'-focused contractor selection
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/220650
- Targeting optimum value in public sector projects through 'best value'-focused contractor selection
- Palaneeswaran, Ekambaram; Kumaraswamy, Mohan; Ng, Thomas
- Procuring best value should be one of the key objectives in public sector construction projects. Best value depends upon sound "selection" strategies which ensure that the outlined project procurement objectives, including client/user demands are met. Examples of "best value" procurement are presented to demonstrate their usefulness and acceptance in principle. Further conceptualizations of various aspects of best value and the "dominance vectors" influencing the ultimate value definitions are developed, in accordance with basic public sector procurement principles. Presents a structured best value based contractor selection framework to optimize realizable value in public sector construction projects.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, Vol. 10, no. 6 (2003), pp. 418-431
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering; 1201 Architecture; 1202 Building
- Construction; Construction works; Contract costs; Contracts; Costs; Economic and social effects; Feedback; Finance; Optimisation; Personnel; Project management; Public finance; Reliability; Risks; Value chain
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 MCB UP Limited.
- Peer reviewed