Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/220616
- Web-based centralized multiclient cooperative contractor registration system
- Ng, S. Thomas; Palaneeswaran, Ekambaram; Kumaraswamy, Mohan M.
- Despite perceived industry needs for developing a centralized contractor registration (CCR) system, such a system is still to be developed for a multiclient environment such as Hong Kong. A major barrier is that such a CCR system must be relatively easy to access to ensure that (i) contractors' information is constantly updated (by contractors), (ii) contractors' performance is reported promptly (by project teams and occupiers), and (iii) the latest analyzed information is available to any authorized clients anytime anywhere. A centralized multiclient cooperative contractor registration (CMCCR) system is proposed using web-based technology, which provides a powerful communication medium with a high potential for satisfying the above requirements. The conceptual framework of the proposed CMCCR system is presented, and the concept is illustrated through a prototype based on information collected in Hong Kong. The initial observations indicate that web-based technology is suitable for the proposed CMCCR system, and that the development of a fully functional web-based CMCCR is both feasible and useful.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, Vol. 17, no. 1 (Jan 2003), pp. 28-37
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0905 Civil Engineering
- CCR system; Centralised contractor registration system; Construction industry; Construction information; Construction management; Contractors; Cost effectiveness; Decision making; Information analysis; Internet; Outsourcing; Project management; World Wide Web
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.
- Peer reviewed