Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/221207
- Ramos-Horta's greatness lay in his ability to remain above the fray
- Leach, Michael
- In a relaxed speech at Dili's presidential palace, East Timor's incumbent head of state, Jose Ramos-Horta, conceded he has lost the race for re-election. With the opposition party Fretilin's candidate Francisco ''Lu Olo'' Guterres and the former defence commander Taur Matan Ruak having finished first and second, Ramos-Horta would not make the presidential run-off election in April. Though it marked the end of an era, it may not quite prove to be his political epitaph.
- Publication type
- Newspaper article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Sydney Morning Herald, 21 March 2012
- Publication year
- East Timor; Dili; Jose Ramos-Horta; Politics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012.