Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Low cost and high performance Al nanoparticles for broadband light trapping in Si wafer solar cells
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/221358
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Low cost and high performance Al nanoparticles for broadband light trapping in Si wafer solar cells
- Zhang, Yinan; Ouyang, Zi; Stokes, Nicholas; Jia, Baohua; Shi, Zhengrong; Gu, Min
- In this paper low cost and earth abundant Al nanoparticles are simulated and compared with noble metal nanoparticles Ag and Au for plasmonic light trapping in Si wafer solar cells. It has been found tailored Al nanoparticles enable broadband light trapping leading to a 28.7% photon absorption enhancement in Si wafers, which is much larger than that induced by Ag or Au. Once combined with the SiNx anti-reflection coating, Al nanoparticles can produce a 42.5% enhancement, which is 4.3% higher than the standard SiNx due to the increased absorption in both the blue and near-infrared regions.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 100, no. 15 (Apr 2012), article no. 151101
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Al nanoparticles; Aluminum nanoparticles; Broadband light trapping; Nanoparticles; Si wafers; Silicon wafers; Solar cells
- American Institute of Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 American Institute of Physics. The published version is reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Additional information
- The authors acknowledge support from Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed