Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Human rights education at Curtin University: the interconnections of education, research and advocacy
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/225549
- Human rights education at Curtin University: the interconnections of education, research and advocacy
- Fleay, Caroline; Briskman, Linda
- In this paper, we discuss the human rights education program provided by the Centre for Human Rights Education (chre) at Curtin University in Perth, Australia. Although we are providing an overview of the curriculum and the pedagogical processes, we also focus on the broader purposes of human rights education in creating awareness that contributes to social change. Drawing on policy examples from Australia, the interconnections of education, research and advocacy in tertiary education will be explored.
- Publication type
- Book chapter
- Human rights education in Asia-Pacific, volume 2, pp. 225-238
- Publication year
- Curriculum; Curtin University; Education; Human rights; Pedagogical processes; Social change
- Asia-Pacific Human Rights Information Center
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Asia-Pacific Human Rights Information Center, 2011. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed