Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/225617
- Reclaiming humanity for asylum seekers: a social work response
- Briskman, Linda; Cemlyn, Sarah
- This article explores the role of social work with asylum-seekers in the UK and Australia. It raises the questions of the contradictions for the profession in the light of increasingly repressive policies in both countries. Comparing the policies in the two countries, questions are asked about current social work engagement and the potential for an enhanced role.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- International Social Work, Vol. 48, no. 6 (Nov 2005), pp. 714-724
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0101 Pure Mathematics; 1607 Social Work
- Asylum seekers; Australia; Immigration policy; Refugees; Social work; United Kingdom
- Sage Publications
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005.
- Peer reviewed