Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Product ion mass spectra of amphetamine-type substances, designer analogues, and ketamine using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/227474
- Product ion mass spectra of amphetamine-type substances, designer analogues, and ketamine using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry
- Apollonio, Luigino G.; Whittall, Ian R.; Pianca, Dennis J.; Kyd, Jennelle M.; Maher, William A.
- This paper describes the application of ultra-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC/MS/MS) technology to separate and identify amphetamine-type substances (amphetamine, methamphetamine), common and novel designer analogues (MDA, MDMA, PMA, 4-MTA, MBDB), and ketamine using Acquity UPLC/Micromass Quattro Micro API mass spectrometer instrumentation (Waters Corporation, USA). From injection of drug reference standards, it was demonstrated that these compounds can be identified by product ion mass spectra in less than 4 min total analysis time, indicating that the technological advancements associated with UPLC/MS/MS allow it to serve as a powerful analytical tool for high-throughput testing. In addition to demonstrating the separation and response of these drug compounds under the stated UPLC/MS/MS conditions, we believe the acquired product ion spectra will be a beneficial reference to laboratories interested in incorporating the use of this technology in the routine analysis of drugs of abuse.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, Vol. 20, no. 15 (Aug 2006), pp. 2259-2264
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 03 Chemical Sciences; 04 Earth Sciences; 06 Biological Sciences
- Amphetamine derivative; Amphetamines; Designer drugs; Electrospray mass spectrometry; Ketamine; Liquid chromatography; Microchemistry; Substance abuse detection
- John Wiley & Sons
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Peer reviewed