Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A simple algorithm for calculating electrical double layer interactions in asymmetric electrolytes: Poisson-Boltzmann theory
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/228310
- A simple algorithm for calculating electrical double layer interactions in asymmetric electrolytes: Poisson-Boltzmann theory
- Chan, Derek Y. C.
- A simple, general, and numerically robust algorithm is presented for calculating the disjoining pressure and interaction free energy per unit area between two identically charged flat plates due to electrical double layer interactions according to the nonlinear Poisson-Boltzmann theory. The result is applicable to electrolytes with any number of ionic species having any combination of valencies as well as to constant potential, constant charge, or charge regulation boundary conditions on the plates. The algorithm is very simple to implement on commonly available numerical software environments and is therefore particularly suitable for use in data analysis.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Vol. 245, no. 2 (Jan 2002), pp. 307-310
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences; 03 Chemical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Algorithms; Asymmetric electrolytes; Poisson-Boltzmann theory
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2002 Elsevier Science. All rights reserved.
- Additional information
- Supported by the Australian Research Council.
- Peer reviewed