Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/228789
- Growing out or growing up: bridging the divide
- James, Anthony
- It has been recognised for some time now that we are in a state of 'planetary overshoot', where our activities are outstripping the capacity of the planet to regenerate. It is also increasingly recognised that, in Australia and other financially wealthy countries, we are in a state of 'wellbeing overshoot', where ongoing economic growth and material affluence are resulting in more marginal or even negative impacts on the quality of our lives, while exceeding environmental capacity.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. National Centre for Sustainability
- EarthSong Journal: Perspectives in Ecology, Spirituality and Education, Vol. 2, no. 2 (Spring 2011), pp. 18-19
- Publication year
- Australia; Economic development; Financial security; Opinion; Quality of life
- EarthSong Project
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 EarthSong Project.
- Peer reviewed