Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/228954
- Macro-Futures: big-picture perspectives on the future of humankind
- Voros, Joseph
- In corporate strategy or public policy we are often called upon to see the bigger picture, but we rarely have a chance to practice doing so. This lecture will introduce a foresight framework that was designed to allow the appropriate selection of methods for use in any type of foresight work, whether at the individual, organisational, societal, or even planetary level and beyond. We will discuss a variety of different types of futures thinking, look at how to select properly matched frameworks for the foresight work to be carried out, and then---in order to have some 'serious fun'---we will think about some possible 'big picture' futures and examine a few of the grander macro-perspectives on the future of humankind.
- Publication type
- Seminar, speech or other presentation
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Presented at the Swinburne Faculty of Business and Enterprise Postgraduate Public Lecture Series, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 19 July 2012
- Publication year
- Big picture futures; Foresight; Futures studies; Humankind
- Faculty of Business and Enterprise, Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012.