Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The value of values: a study of three-generational Italian-Australian family businesses in Victoria
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/229865
|Download Laura Hougaz Thesis (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 2 MB)|
- The value of values: a study of three-generational Italian-Australian family businesses in Victoria
- Hougaz, Laura A.
- This thesis focuses on the role that family values, business values and individual values play in supporting the continuity of family businesses across three generations. The thesis researches seven family businesses, beginning with the founding generation, which, through the process of migration to Australia in the first half of the 20th century, established family businesses which continue successfully into their third generation. The thesis concentrates on explaining why and how values, such as trust, respect, family unity, and work ethic, become so important, bridging together the first and the second generations, and then the second and third generations, thus creating the fundamental conditions for family and business succession.
- Publication type
- Thesis (PhD)
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise
- Publication year
- Entrepreneurship; Family businesses; Succession; Values
- Australasian Digital Theses collection
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 Laura Aferdita Hougaz.
- Thesis Supervisor
- [Michela Betta]
- Thesis Note
- [Thesis submitted in fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Swinburne University of Technology, 2012.]
- Full text