Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/230044
- On effective quality of service negotiation
- Mansour, Khalid; Kowalczyk, Ryszard; Chhetri, Mohan Baruwal
- This paper addresses the problem of flexible procuring of multiple services with multiple non-functional characteristics, i.e., quality of service attributes. We investigate the one-to-many negotiation approach as a flexible method for procuring multiple services by a buyer agent. We address the problem of coordinating multiple concurrent negotiations and propose a novel dynamic negotiation strategy that considers the behaviors of the opponents in managing the local reservation values for the common negotiation issues. Most previous works consider the problem of negotiation over a single issue. We investigate a more complex scenario where a buyer agent negotiates with multiple seller agents over multiple services characterized by multiple issues. The initial experimental results show the effectiveness of our dynamic negotiation strategy when compared to a static strategy.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the 12th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2012), Ottawa, Canada, 13-16 May 2012 / Pavan Balaji, Rajkumar Buyya, Shikharesh Majumdar and Suraj Pandey (eds.), pp. 684-685
- Publication year
- Automated negotiation; Buyer agents; Coordination; Dynamic negotiation strategy; Seller agents
- 9780769546919, 0769546919
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed