Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/230303
- Broadband: historical parallels
- Given, Jock
- What political and technological comparisons can be drawn between the surprise announcement by the prime minister, Kevin Rudd, to build a multi-billion dollar national broadband network and the decision made by Billy Hughes in 1938 to construct a national communications network?
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- Saturday Extra, presented by Geraldine Doogue, 11 April 2009
- Publication year
- 20th century history; Australia; Broadband; Communications policy; Government policy; Hughes, William (1862-1952); National Broadband Network; Prime ministers; Rudd Government
- ABC Radio National
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2009.