Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/230754
- Are extreme waves and winds on the rise across the globe?
- Anderson, Deb; Babanin, Alexander
- The 26-metre (nine-storey) rogue wave in Sebastian Junger's The Perfect Storm is an extreme case, but it's the lesser giants that have Professor Babanin concerned. Across the world, waves heights are growing. What's more, the director of Swinburne University's Centre for Ocean Engineering, Science and Technology says wave physics has been missing from most climate models.
- Publication type
- Newspaper article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Ocean Engineering, Science and Technology
- The Age, 14 August 2012
- Publication year
- Extreme waves; Southern Ocean; Wind speed
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012.