Home List of Titles Application of optical-field-ionization-induced spectral broadening in helium gas to the postcompression of high-energy femtosecond laser pulses
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/230994
- Application of optical-field-ionization-induced spectral broadening in helium gas to the postcompression of high-energy femtosecond laser pulses
- Auguste, Thierry; Gobert, Oliver; Dutin, Coralie Fourcade; Dubrouil, Antoine; Mevel, Eric; Petit, Stephane; Constant, Eric; Descamps, Dominique
- We report a detailed numerical study on the postcompression of high-energy (~30 mJ) femtosecond laser pulses (~40 fs), using the spectral broadening induced by optical-field ionization of a low-pressure helium gas in a capillary. Our numerical results are in very good agreement with previously published experimental data on spectral shapes, transmitted energies and recompressed pulse durations in the full range of laser energies and gas pressures investigated. Then, we calculate the performances of the method with shorter input pulses (~20 fs) and demonstrate that few optical cycles recompressed pulses with 5 to 8.5 mJ energy could then be achieved.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of the Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, Vol. 29, no. 6 (Jun 2012), pp. 1277-1286
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0205 Optical Physics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Gas generators; Gas pressures; Helium gas; High energy; Input pulse; Laser energies; Numerical studies; Optical cycles; Optical field ionisation; Pulse durations; Spectral broadening; Spectral shapes; Ultrashort pulses
- Optical Society of America
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 Optical Society of America.
- Peer reviewed