Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/230970
- Quantized H-infinity filtering for different communication channels
- Lu, Renquan; Li, Hui; Xue, Anke; Zheng, Jinchuan; She, Qingshan
- In this paper, we consider the H∞ filtering problem for linear systems using quantized measurements. The communication channel we consider consists of two cases: the ideal one and the unreliable one. For the ideal channel, we designed a filter to mitigate the quantization effects, which ensured not only the asymptotical stability but also a prescribed H∞ filtering performance. For the unreliable channel, we introduced the stochastic variable satisfying Bernoulli random binary distribution to model the lossy measurements. We also designed a filter to cope with the losses and mitigate quantization effects simultaneously which ensured not only stochastic stability, but also a prescribed H∞ filtering performance. Furthermore, we derive sufficient conditions for the existence of the above filters. Finally, a numerical example is given to illustrate that the proposed approach is effective and feasible.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing, Vol. 31, no. 2 (Apr 2012), pp. 501-519
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Data packet dropout; H-infinity filter; Ideal channel; Quantizer; Unreliable channel
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011.
- Peer reviewed