Home List of Titles A unified dual-stage actuator control scheme for track seeking and following in hard disk drives
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/230952
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 555 KB)|
- A unified dual-stage actuator control scheme for track seeking and following in hard disk drives
- Zheng, J.; Fu, M.
- This paper presents a unified approach to track seeking and following control for a dual-stage actuator (DSA) hard disk drive (HDD) system. Based on a doubly coprime factorisation (DCF) method, the DSA controller and the closedloop dynamics are expressed explicitly in terms of two design parameters. This greatly simplifies the optimisation of design parameters in meeting desired specifications. We then address how to use the design parameters to deal with specific problems in the DSA, that is, control allocation for disturbance rejection and trajectory planning for track seeking. Simulated results are also presented to verify the effectiveness of the proposed DSA controller. Compared with previous works, the proposed approach can fulfil track seeking and following tasks by a single controller without switching. Moreover, the unified controller can achieve desirable performances for both tasks that are equivalent to that by two separate conventional controllers.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- IET Control Theory and Applications, Vol. 6, no. 10 (Jul 2012), pp. 1468-1477
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0102 Applied Mathematics; 0906 Electrical and Electronic Engineering; 0913 Mechanical Engineering
- Actuators; Disk drives; Hard disks; Hard disk drives
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © The Institution of Engineering and Technology 2012. This paper is a postprint of a paper submitted to and accepted for publication in IET Control Theory and Applications and is subject to Engineering and Technology Copyright. The copy of record is available at IET Digital Library. The accepted manuscript is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed