Home List of Titles A circle criterion observer for estimating the unmeasured membrane potential of neuronal populations
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231364
- A circle criterion observer for estimating the unmeasured membrane potential of neuronal populations
- Chong, Michelle; Postoyan, Romain; Nesic, Dragan; Kuhlmann, Levin; Varsavsky, Andrea
- A circle criterion observer is designed for estimating the unmeasured membrane potential of neuronal populations using the electroencephalogram (EEG) from a class of parameterised models that replicates patterns seen on the EEG. Compared to existing similar designs, we provide a less conservative linear matrix inequality (LMI) condition that is shown to be fulfilled for the neural models we consider. The designed observer is robust towards disturbances in the input and measurement, as well as model uncertainty. We show that the observer can be designed for a model that reproduces alpha rhythms in the EEG as an illustrative example.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 1st Australian Control Conference (AUCC 2011), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 10-11 November 2011, pp. 493-498
- Publication year
- Circle criterion; EEG; Electroencephalography; Illustrative examples; Linear matrix inequalities; Membrane potentials; Model uncertainties; Neural models; Neuronal populations; Similar design; Uncertainty analysis
- Engineers Australia
- 9780858259874, 0858259877
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2011 Engineers Australia and Australian Optical. Engineers Australia does not allow Swinburne Research Bank to archive either the accepted manuscript or the published version of the paper.
- Peer reviewed