Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Calibration of colloid probe cantilevers using the dynamic viscous response of a confined liquid
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231509
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 195 KB)|
- Calibration of colloid probe cantilevers using the dynamic viscous response of a confined liquid
- Notley, Shannon M.; Biggs, Simon; Craig, Vincent S. J.
- A method to determine the spring constant of colloid probe cantilevers used in atomic force microscopes (AFM) was described. The method entailed coupling, by viscous interactions, the oscillatory drive applied to the substrate to the colloid probe. The spring constant of the cantilever was then determined using the dynamic response of the probe.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 74, no. 9 (Sep 2003), pp. 4026-4032
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences; 03 Chemical Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Atomic force microscopy; Colloid probe cantilevers; Drag; Dynamic response; Force measurement; Hydrodynamics; Probes; Viscosity
- American Institute of Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 American Institute of Physics. The published version is reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Additional information
- Supported by the Australian Research Council.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed