Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Discontinuous heating behaviour observed in the TCA tokamak and its interpretation in terms of the alfven wave spectrum
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231584
- Discontinuous heating behaviour observed in the TCA tokamak and its interpretation in terms of the alfven wave spectrum
- Appert, K.; de Chambrier, A.; Collins, G. A.; Duperrex, P. A.; Heym, A.; Hofmann, F.; Hollenstein, Ch; Joye, B.; Keller, R.; Lietti, A.; Lister, J. B.; Marcus, F. B.; Moret, J. M.; Nowak, S.; Pochelon, A.
- It is found that our N equals 2, M equals 1 antenna can couple efficiently to the n equals 2, m equals 0 resonance surface as a result of toroidicity. This helps to deposit energy towards the centre of the discharge and the appearance of this surface in the plasma can be seen as a discontinuity on many of the macroscopic parameters. Without understanding the mechanism for the electron density increase it is difficult to explain the discontinuity except that it provides evidence of a connection between observed plasma behaviour and the Alfven wave spectrum.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Heating in Toroidal Plasmas, Rome, Italy, 21-28 March 1984 / Heinz Knoepfel and Elio Sindoni (eds.), Vol. 1, pp. 171-178
- Publication year
- Alfven waves; Antennas; Plasmas; RF power; TCA tokamak; Tokamak devices
- International School of Plasma Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright ©1984.
- Peer reviewed