Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231590
- Alfven wave heating on TCA
- de Chambrier, A.; Collins, G. A.; Duperrex, P. A.; Heym, A.; Hofmann, F.; Hollenstein, Ch; Joye, B.; Keller, R.; Lietti, A.; Lister, J. B.; Marcus, F. B.; Moret, J. M.; Nowak, S.; Pochelon, A.; Simm, W.
- Recent results of Alfven wave heating in the TCA Tokamak are briefly reviewed. Measurements of the electron temperature and electron density in the TCA scrape-off layer during high power RF heating are presented in detail. It is found that antenna-plasma interaction may lead to a non-Maxwellian edge plasma. Its impact on the interpretation of the edge measurements and the antenna and screen design are discussed.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Heating in Toroidal Plasmas, Rome, Italy, 26 March 1984 / Heinz Knoepfel, and Elio Sindoni (eds.), Vol. 1, pp. 137-152
- Publication year
- Alfven wave heating; Antennas; Bar antennas; Plasmas; RF heating; TCA tokamak; Tokamak devices
- International School of Plasma Physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1984.
- Peer reviewed