Home List of Titles A comparative study of different IBA techniques for determining the thickness of thin SiO2 films
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231655
- A comparative study of different IBA techniques for determining the thickness of thin SiO2 films
- Dytlewski, N.; Cohen, D. D.; Evans, P. J.; Prince, K. E.; Collins, G. A.; Barbe, C.; Cassidy, D. J.
- Thin nanometre films of SiO2 on Si have been measured using a variety of IBA techniques. High-energy non-Rutherford backscattering and NRA were found to be the most suitable methods for relative thickness determinations, giving precisions to approx. 1 nm, comparable to that obtained using ellipsometry. The information obtained is used to determine the oxygen areal density and bulk density of sol-gel films.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 161-163, no. (Mar 2000), pp. 573-577
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics; 0402 Geochemistry; 0915 Interdisciplinary Engineering
- Chemical analysis; Ellipsometry; Heavy ions; Ion beam analysis; Ion beams; NRA; Nuclear reaction analysis; Optical density; Oxygen; RBS; Rutherford backscattering spectroscopy; Silicon wafers; SiO2; Sol-gels; Thickness measurement; Thin films
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 Elsevier Science B.V.
- Peer reviewed