Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231682
- Observations of toroidal coupling for low-n Alfven modes in the TCA tokamak
- Appert, K.; Collins, G. A.; Hofmann, F.; Keller, R.; Lietti, A.; Lister, J. B.; Pochelon, A.; Villard, L.
- The antenna structure in the TCA tokamak is phased to excite preferentially Alfven waves with known toroidal and poloidal wave numbers. Surprisingly, the loading spectrum includes both discrete and continuum modes with poloidal wave numbers incompatible with the antenna phasing. These additional modes, which are important for our heating experiments, can be attributed to linear mode coupling induced by the toroidicity of the plasma column, when we take into account ion-cyclotron effects.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Physical Review Letters, Vol. 54, no. 15 (Apr 1985), pp. 1671-1674
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 02 Physical Sciences
- Alfven waves; Antenna structure; Ion cyclotron heating; Plasma; Poloidal waves; TCA; Tokamak geometry; Toroidal waves
- American Physical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1985 The American Physical Society.
- Peer reviewed