Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Observation of density fluctuations at the resonance layers during Alfven wave heating
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231698
- Observation of density fluctuations at the resonance layers during Alfven wave heating
- Behn, R.; Collins, G. A.; Lister, J. B.; Weisen, H.
- The authors report on the first observations of driven density fluctuations at resonant layers during Alfven wave heating in a Tokamak. Whereas loading and external magnetic probe measurements show excellent agreement with the cold plasma model of the shear Alfven wave if finite omega / omega ci effects and toroidal coupling are taken into account, the new results demonstrate the importance of kinetic effects.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Vol. 29, no. 1 (Jan 1987), pp. 75-84
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics
- Alfven wave heating; Instrumentation; Measurement; Plasma physics; Toroidal geometry
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1987 Institute of Physics and Pergamon Press Ltd.
- Peer reviewed