Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231677
- Recent Alfven wave heating results on the TCA tokamak
- Behn, R.; De Chambrier, A.; Collins, G. A.; Duperrex, P. A.; Heym, A.; Hofmann, F.; Hollenstein, Ch; Joye, B.; Keller, R.; Lietti, A.; Lister, J. B.; Moret, J. M.; Nowak, S.; O'Rourke, J.; Pochelon, A.; Simm, W.
- In this paper, we present the most recent results obtained during the Alfven wave Heating experiments being carried out on the TCA Tokamak. We have obtained both significant electron heating and some ion heating using rf powers up to 230 kW, greater than the value of the ohmic heating power in the target plasma. Firstly, we shall describe the AWH method as applied to TCA and then briefly cover some of the low power experiments carried out during the last year. The higher power experiments will then be discussed, along with some of the problems we have encountered.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Vol. 26, no. 1 A (Jan 1984), pp. 173-182
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics
- Alfven wave heating; Instrumentation; Measurement; Plasma physics
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1984 Institute of Physics and Pergamon Press Ltd.
- Peer reviewed