Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231676
- A review of Alfven wave heating
- Besson, G.; De Chambrier, A.; Collins, G. A.; Joye, B.; Lietti, A.; Lister, J. B.; Moret, J. M.; Nowak, S.; Simm, C.; Weisen, H.
- Reviews the experimental status and recent advances in Alfven wave heating (AWH). The authors discuss the underlying physics of Alfven wave heating, as seen by the experiments. The use of Alfven waves for plasma diagnosis is discussed. The results of plasma heating on TCA are summarized. Apparent changes in the current profile are inferred, caused by changes in the evolving Alfven wave spectrum excited. The implications for AWH on larger devices are mentioned.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, Vol. 28, no. 9 A (Sept 1986), pp. 1291-1303
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0202 Atomic, Molecular, Nuclear, Particle and Plasma Physics
- Alfven wave heating; Antenna system; Kinetic alfven wave; Plasma diagnostics; Profile control; Plasma physics; TCA; Tokamak
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1986 Institute of Physics and Pergamon Press Ltd.
- Peer reviewed