Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Book reviews including 'Neutrality and state-building in Sweden', by Mikael af Malmborg
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/231927
- Book reviews including 'Neutrality and state-building in Sweden', by Mikael af Malmborg
- Agius, Christine
- Books reviewed: Haslam, Jonathan No virtue like necessity: realist thought in International Relations since Machiavelli. Gamble Andrew Politics and fate. Malcolm Noel Aspects of Hobbes. Urbinati Nadia Mill on democracy: from the Athenian polis to representative government. Sutch Peter Ethics, justice and international relations: constructing an international community. Chesterman Simon Just war or just peace? Humanitarian intervention and international law. Terry Fiona Condemned to repeat? The paradox of humanitarian action. Mills Nicolaus and Brunner Kira The new killing fields: massacre and the politics of intervention. Hampson Fen Osler and Malone David A. From reaction to conflict prevention: opportunities for the UN system. Thakur Ramesh and Schnabel Albrecht United Nations peacekeeping operations: ad hoc missions, permanent engagement. Rittberger Volker Global governance and the United Nations system. Sellars Kirsten The rise and rise of human rights. Shapiro Martin and Sweet Alec Stone On law, politics and judicialization. Brenner Michael and Parmentier Guillaume Reconcilable differences: US-French relations in the new era. Curtis Gerald New perspectives on US-Japan relations. McAlister Melani Epic encounters: culture, media, and US interests in the Middle East, 1945-2000. Lansford Tom All for one: terrorism, NATO and the United States. Hoyer Werner and Kaldrack Gerd F. Europaeische Sicherheits- und Verteidigungspolitik (ESVP): der Weg zu integrierten europaeischen Streitkraeften? Graduate Institute of International Studies Small arms survey 2002: counting the human cost. Cordesman Anthony Iraq's military capabilities in 2002: a dynamic net assessment. Calhoun Craig, Price Paul and Timmer Ashley Understanding September 11. Hershberg Eric and Moore Kevin W. Critical views of September 11: analyses from around the world. Foley Michael John Major, Tony Blair and a conflict of leadership: collision course. Norris Pippa Digital divide: civic engagement, information poverty, and the Internet worldwide. Endres Anthony and Fleming Grant International organizations and the analysis of economic policy, 1919-1950. Demirguc-Kunt Alsi and Levine Ross Financial structure and economic growth: a cross-country comparison of banks, markets, and development. Granville Brigitte The economics of essential medicines. Munck Ronaldo Globalisation and labour: the new 'great transformation'. Kitching Gavin Seeking social justice through globalization: escaping a nationalist perspective. Sobel Andrew C. State institutions, private incentives, global capital. Schamis Hector E. Re-forming the state: the politics of privatization in Latin America and Europe. Bail Christoph, Falkner Robert and Marquand Helen The Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety: reconciling trade in biotechnology with environment and development? Shiva Vandana Water wars: privatization, pollution and profit. Frei Christoph Hans J. Morgenthau: an intellectual biography. Caro Robert A. The years of Lyndon Johnson, master of the Senate. Gearson John P. S. and Schake Kori The Berlin Wall crisis: perspectives on Cold War alliances. Tewes Henning Germany, civilian power and the new Europe: enlarging NATO and the European Union. Malmborg Mikael af Neutrality and state-building in Sweden. Johnstone Diana Fool's crusade: Yugoslavia, NATO and western delusions. Simms Brendan Unfinest hour: Britain and the destruction of Bosnia. Bellamy Alex J. Kosovo and international society. Beissinger Mark R. Nationalist mobilization and the collapse of the Soviet state. Gorbachev Mikhail and Mlynar Zdenek Conversations with Gorbachev on perestroika, the Prague Spring, and the crossroads of socialism. Fawn Rick and White Stephen Russia after communism. Zimmerman William The Russian people and foreign policy: Russian elite and mass perspectives, 1993-2000. Olcott Martha Brill Kazakhstan: unfulfilled promise. Dosmukhamedov E. K. Foreign direct investment in Kazakhstan: politico-legal aspects of post-communist transition. Murden Simon W. Islam, the Middle East, and the new global hegemony. Ruthven Malise A fury for God: the Islamist attack on America. Tibi Bassam Islam between culture and politics. Cordesman Anthony H. The lessons of Afghanistan: war fighting, intelligence and force transformation. Maley William The Afghanistan wars. Nojumi Neamatollah The rise of the Taliban in Afghanistan: mass mobilization, civil war, and the future of the region. Brisard Jean-Charles and Dasquie Guillaume Forbidden truth: US-Taliban secret oil diplomacy and the failed hunt for Bin Laden. Cheru Fantu African renaissance: roadmaps to the challenge of globalization. Chabal Patrick, Birmingham David, Forrest Joshua, Newitt Malyn and Seibert Gerhard The history of postcolonial lusophone Africa. Pottier Johan Re-imagining Rwanda: conflict, survival and disinformation in the late twentieth century. Neary IanThe state and politics in Japan. Roper Jon The contours of American politics. Tussie Diana Trade negotiations in Latin America: problems and prospects. Levine Robert M. Secret missions to Cuba.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- International Affairs, Vol. 79, no. 2 (Mar 2003), pp. 452-453
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 1605 Policy and Administration; 1606 Political Science
- Book reviews; International relations; National identity; Neutrality; Sovereignty; Sweden; Swedish neutrality
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003.