Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/232605
- A robust circle criterion observer with application to neural mass models
- Chong, Michelle; Postoyan, Romain; Nesic, Dragan; Kuhlmann, Levin; Varsavsky, Andrea
- A robust circle criterion observer is designed and applied to neural mass models. At present, no existing circle criterion observers apply to the considered models, i.e. the required linear matrix inequality is infeasible. Therefore, we generalise available results to derive a suitable estimation algorithm. Additionally, the design also takes into account input uncertainty and measurement noise. We show how to apply the observer to estimate the mean membrane potential of neuronal populations of a popular single cortical column model from the literature.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Automatica, Vol. 48, no. 11 (Nov 2012), pp. 2986-2989
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 01 Mathematical Sciences; 08 Information and Computing Sciences; 09 Engineering
- Circle criterion; EEG; Electroencephalography; Neural models
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ltd.
- Peer reviewed