Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/232702
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 620 KB)|
- Parameter and state estimation for a class of neural mass models
- Postoyan, Romain; Chong, Michelle; Nesic, Dragan; Kuhlmann, Levin
- We present an adaptive observer which asymptotically reconstructs the parameters and states of a model of interconnected cortical columns. Our study is motivated by the fact that the considered model is able to realistically reproduce patterns seen on (intracranial) electroencephalograms (EEG) by varying its parameters. Therefore, by estimating its parameters and states, we could gain a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying neurological phenomena such as seizures, which might lead to the prediction of the onsets of epileptic seizures. Simulations are performed to illustrate our results.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 51st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2012), Maui, Hawaii, United States, 10-13 December 2012, pp. 2322-2327
- Publication year
- Estimation; Neural models
- 0743-1546 (series ISSN)
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012 IEEE. The accepted manuscript is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed