Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Chebyshev Functional Link Neural Network-based modeling and experimental verification for photovoltaic arrays
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/233028
- Chebyshev Functional Link Neural Network-based modeling and experimental verification for photovoltaic arrays
- Jiang, Lian Lian; Maskell, Douglas L.; Patra, Jagdish C.
- This paper presents a Chebyshev Functional Link Neural Network (CFLNN) based model for photovoltaic modules. There are two basic approaches to build a model - use an analytical modeling technique or use an Artificial Neural Network (ANN) based method. However, both the analytical modeling technique and the traditional Multilayer Perceptron (MLP) model have some disadvantages. For example, in the analytical model, the influence of irradiance and temperature on some parameters of the photovoltaic module, such as the parallel and series resistance and other uncertainty factors, are not taken into consideration. In the case of the multilayer neural network model, there is a large computational complexity in training the network and in its implementation. In order to overcome these advantages, we propose a CFLNN based model for solar modules. The proposed model not only reduces the complexity of the network due to the absence of hidden layers in the network configuration, but also shows better accuracy over the analytical modeling method. In the experimental section, the operating current predicted by CFLNN is compared with the outputs from other two modeling methods - MLP and the two-diode model. Finally, verification is performed using experimental datasets. The results show that the CFLNN modeling method provides better prediction of the output current compared to the analytical model and has a reduced computational complexity than the traditional MLP model.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences
- Proceedings of the 2012 Annual International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2012), part of the 2012 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI 2012), Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 10-15 June 2012
- Publication year
- Chebyshev Functional Link Neural Network; Multilayer neural networks; Photovoltaic arrays; Two-diode model
- 2161-4393 (series ISSN)
- 9781467314886, 1467314889
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2012.
- Peer reviewed